Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Ocean Frontier Institute
The Ocean Frontier Institute (OFI) has launched a call for proposals under the Seed Fund program. Small grants ($10-$15K, exceptionally up to $30K) are available for innovative projects that have the potential to advance research, commercial or social concepts relating to the ocean. For example:
- conducting preliminary ocean research or feasibility studies
- testing new approaches or developing prototypes that advance marine science
- developing a new concept, idea, or opportunity in support of ocean sustainability
The ideas or concepts must show clear promise of leading to future opportunities of high commercial, research, or social relevance, which are likely to be completed during the award period (12 months).
Applications are welcomed from current faculty, students and post docs at Dalhousie University and/or Memorial University of Newfoundland who are conducting research related to OFI priorities. The fund cannot be used to supplement OFI's large research projects currently under way. Deadline to apply is October 28, 2019.
Apply and learn more about OFI's Seed Fund here.
- Genomics in Medicine Conference 2019
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC) – New Funding Opportunity
- Alberta Land Institute
- Cancer Research Society Operating Grants Competition
- Online Consultations on the Data Research Infrastructure (DRI) Contribution Program
- Donald Hill Family Postdoctoral Fellowship in Medicine
- Launch of the SSHRC Storytellers Contest
- 88th Congrès de l’Acfas