Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
SSHRC Insight Grants and Joint Initiative for Digital Citizen Research
SSHRC Insight Grants support research excellence in the social sciences and humanities. Funding is available to both emerging and established scholars for research initiatives of two to five years.
Applicants may choose one of two streams when applying for an Insight Grant, depending on the amount of funding required:
- Stream A for requests between $7,000 and $100,000; or
- Stream B for requests between $100,001 and $400,000.
Both streams will be adjudicated by the same committees, and will receive the same rigorous level of merit review. The deadlines and application process are identical for both; however, the targeted success rate for Stream A is higher than for Stream B.
For further competition details, please visit SSHRC’s website.
New Award Supplement - Joint Initiative for Digital Citizen Research:
Canadian Heritage is partnering with SSHRC to provide funding support through arms-length Insight Grants for research related to online disinformation and other online harms as well as their impact in the Canadian context. Find out how to apply for the Joint Initiative Digital Citizen Research Initiative.
In order to apply, please contact the ORS Grants Facilitator for your faculty.
Internal deadline: October 1, 2019 at 4:30pm AST
Funder deadline: October 15, 2019 at 9pm AST
- Digital Research Alliance of Canada
- SSHRC and The Conversation Canada
- CFI Strategic Plan Consultations
- ACENET Parallel Computing School
- Canadian Arthritis Research Conference 2023
- Russell Sage Foundation funding opportunities
- United States Department of Defense research funding
- United States Department of Defence