Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Vice‑President Research and Innovation International Seed Fund (VPRIIS Fund)
The Vice-President Research and Innovation International Seed Fund (VPRIIS Fund) is a new internal fund which is intended to support the development of international research initiatives between Dalhousie researchers and their global partners.
Applications will be accepted from researchers who are eligible for tri-agency funding. The funding provided through the VPRIIS Fund will support:
- New and emerging collaborations which require start-up support to begin developing research ties (~$5,000); and
- On-going collaborations which have already produced initial results and which require support for the expansion and development of new avenues of research (~$10,000).
Proposed initiatives will be expected to align with Dalhousie’s Research and Innovation Strategic Direction (2018-2023). Partnerships with highly-ranked foreign institutions (e.g. Top 200 or similar ranking), which also have clear plans for co-publication activity, will be prioritized.
The deadline for the first intake of applications will be 30 November 2018.
To obtain a copy of the guidelines and application form, and for any questions regarding the Fund, please contact the International Research Manager in the Office of Research Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Mitacs Globalink Research Awards: Nova Scotia/Shandong
- NSERC‑JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowships for Foreign Researchers
- Burroughs Wellcome Collaborative Research Travel Grants
- 200 Years on the Atlantic: Royal Society of Canada Symposium
- Ocean Frontier Institute: Visiting Fellows Program
- CIHR University Delegate Report: November 2018
- Researcher Portal: December training schedule
- RISE‑Globalink Research Internship (RISE‑GRI)