Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Renewal of Tri‑Agency Financial Administration Guide
The Tri-Agency (NSERC, CIHR and SSHRC) is initiating changes to streamline and simplify the administration and use of grant funds. The intention is to reduce the administrative burden on researchers, streamline processes, and concentrate on value-added services to the research community.
Dalhousie University is participating in the pilot phase of this initiative.
The first phase of the initiative includes introducing a new ‘principles-based’ financial administration guide promoting efficiency, reducing administrative burden and providing greater flexibility to grant recipients and administering institutions to ensure appropriate accountability for and use of grant funds.
Representatives from the Tri-Agency will be holding engagement sessions on the Dalhousie campus on October 1st and 2nd to gather input.
The objective of the consultations is to provide:
- An overview of the renewal initiative and progress to date;
- Discussion of roles and responsibilities of grant recipients and administering institutions for the administration of grants;
- An opportunity to obtain feedback on issues / irritants that you (grant recipients) encounter when using and managing grant funds, understanding the source of the issues / irritants and discussing potential solutions;
- Discussion of next steps and the pilot project at Dalhousie.
October 1, 2018 1:00 – 2:30 PM
Tupper Theater D
October 2, 2018 – 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Collaborative Health Education Building, Room 264
Grant recipients located at the Agricultural Campus are invited to participate in the October 2 session via video conference: Principal’s Boardroom, 1st Floor, Cumming Hall.
We encourage grant recipients to participate in the engagement sessions as your feedback is essential for this important Tri-Agency initiative.
- Shastri Indo‑Canadian Institute
- Understanding Research Data Management Practices at Dalhousie University
- NFRF Exploration: Webinar Slides and Recording
- CIHR Project Grants: 2019 Fall competition
- IMéRA Calls for Applications
- Canadian Blood Services ‑ CIHR Early Career Investigator Award in Transfusion Science
- National Space Health Forum 2019
- Canadian Space Agency