Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
2018 BSF Research Grant Program
The Barth Syndrome Foundation, Inc. (BSF) has announced the availability of funding for basic science and clinical research on the natural history, biochemical basis, and treatment of Barth syndrome. Barth syndrome (BTHS) is a serious X-linked genetic condition associated with cardiomyopathy, neutropenia, skeletal muscle weakness, exercise intolerance, growth delay, and diverse biochemical abnormalities (including defects in mitochondrial metabolism and phospholipid biosynthesis). BSF is seeking proposals for both basic science and clinical research that may shed light on any aspect of the syndrome with the object of developing a specific treatment or a cure.
There are two basic categories: IDEA grants for 1-2 years and DEVELOPMENT grants for 2-3 years with budgetary maximums of US $50,000 and $100,000, respectively. Note that for DEVELOPMENT grant applications only, a one-page Letter of Intent must be submitted by September 21, 2018.
Please see the BSF website for more details.
Any faculty member interested in this opportunity is asked to contact the International Research Manager in the Office of Research Services (email@example.com) for more information and support in preparing an application.
Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Habitat Stewardship Program for Aquatic Species at Risk
- Conversation on the future of research and research infrastructure in Canada: role of the Canada Foundation for Innovation
- SSHRC Storytellers Contest
- Researcher Portal is Live
- Canadian Blood Services Blood Efficiency Accelerator Award Program Competition
- Canadian Light Source workshop
- Mitacs Globalink Research Awards: Nova Scotia/Shandong
- NSERC‑JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowships for Foreign Researchers