Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
2018 Seeding Food Innovation grant program
George Weston Limited and Loblaw Companies Limited have announced a call for proposals for the Seeding Food Innovation 2018 grant program. This program provides seed funding for interdisciplinary research or technology development that help accelerate solutions to sustainable food challenges. Research outcomes should impact primarily Canadians, but also deliver key learnings towards issues of global concern.
Proposed projects must include at least one team member and interdisciplinarity will be viewed as an asset. Partnerships might include academic institutions/schools, not-for-profit organizations, public or private sector organizations or any combination of these.
Funding of up to $250,000 per project is available for up to two years within the field of food innovation.
Call Submission Timeline:
- Information Webinars:
- June 13, 2018 – 1:00 pm EST
- June 14, 2018 – 1:00 pm EST
Applicants may indicate their interest in joining the information webinar by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Letter of Intent (LOI) Deadline: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 – 12:00pm EST
- Proposal Deadline: Tuesday, October 9, 12:00pm EST
- Primary Health Care Research Day
- Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute
- Poland: Ulam Programme
- Call for Dalhousie Research Award nominations
- BRIC NS: Primary Health Care Research Day
- CIHR‑UD Meeting
- Launch of the 2019 International Policy Ideas Challenge
- Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research