Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Consultation ‑ Draft Tri‑Agency Research Data Management Policy
The three federal research funding agencies—the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) (the agencies)—have developed a draft Tri-Agency Research Data Management Policy, which aims to support Canadian research excellence by fostering sound digital data management and data stewardship practices.
The draft policy includes suggested requirements related to three primary areas:
- Institutional data management strategies;
- Researcher data management plans;
- Data deposit.
The agencies have also developed a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) resource, which includes information about data management, background on tri-agency research data management policy development, and guidance on complying with the proposed requirements.
The agencies invite institutions, associations, organizations and individuals to comment on the draft policy and its usefulness in advancing data management practices in Canada. Feedback will inform the final design of the policy, which the agencies plan to launch in 2019.
The feedback period will run until August 31, 2018.
- NRC‑IRAP: Science and Technology Assistance Program
- Office of Research Services Newsletter Readers Survey
- ACENET Training Sessions
- Pain Community Research Priorities with Dr. Christine Chambers
- France‑Canada Research Fund (FCRF)
- Grand Challenges Explorations
- Australia Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships
- Canadian Blood Services: 2018 Graduate Fellowship Program competition