Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
James M. Flaherty Program Awards
The James M. Flaherty Program, funded by the Governments of Canada and Ireland, has announced the 2018 call for applications to its awards programs.
The James M. Flaherty Visiting Professorship supports established senior researchers and academics in Canada and Ireland who, on sabbatical leave from their academic appointments, wish to spend 8-12 weeks as visiting professors in a university department where they will collaborate in both research and teaching. For the current competition, awards (up to CDN$27k/€20k each) will support up to two Canadian professors travelling to Ireland, and up to two Irish professors travelling to Canada. Please consult the full details and links to the application form.
Early-career researchers or PhD students may apply for the Flaherty Research Scholarship, which supports research visits of 4-6 weeks in Ireland or Canada. For the current competition, awards (up to CDN$10k/€7k each) will support up to six Canadian researchers travelling to Ireland, and up to six Irish researchers travelling to Canada. Please consult the full details and links to the application form.
Any faculty member interested in the Flaherty Program Awards is invited to contact the International Research Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Deadline: 25 June 2018
- Canadian Blood Services Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Canadian Blood Services Blood Efficiency Accelerator Award Program
- Dr. Jeremy Schmidt IMPACT Award Event
- 40th Young Composer Competition
- CFI 2020 Innovation Fund: Draft Call for Proposals
- Youth Engagement in Research Planning, Design and Execution
- Sanofi Biogenius Canada Regional Competition