Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Accelerating Climate Action: Social Equity and Empowerment of Women and Girls
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) recently launched a Call for Research Proposals on Accelerating Climate Action: Social Equity and Empowerment of Women and Girls. The aim of this call is to select a portfolio of research projects that produce knowledge which facilitates the scaling and financing of socially-transformative climate action. With this, the resilience and livelihoods of the most vulnerable communities in the developing world will be strengthened.
The Accelerating Climate Action call will focus on the following three themes, collectively addressing current knowledge gaps in socially-transformative climate research:
- Climate and disaster resilience
- Energy security
The proposed research must be led by a research-oriented organization from academia or the private or public sectors, and be based in an eligible low- or middle-income country. Canadian organizations can serve as partners.
The total budget for this call is expected to be $4 million Canadian dollars and IDRC expects to fund up to 8 projects. Projects should not exceed 36 months in duration.
Please visit the website for more information and links to the guidelines and application form.
Any faculty member interested in this opportunity is asked to contact the International Research Facilitator in Dalhousie Research Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and support in preparing an application.
Deadline: April 23, 208
- NSBI Productivity & Innovation Voucher Program
- NSERC Led Information Session
- Autism Speaks: 2018 Treatment Research Grants
- MEOPAR: Early Career Faculty (ECF) program
- 2018 Seeding Food Innovation grant program
- Consultation ‑ Draft Tri‑Agency Research Data Management Policy
- CIHR University Delegate Report: June 2018
- Changes to SSHRC's Aid to Scholarly Journals Funding Opportunity