Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Accelerating Climate Action: Social Equity and Empowerment of Women and Girls
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) recently launched a Call for Research Proposals on Accelerating Climate Action: Social Equity and Empowerment of Women and Girls. The aim of this call is to select a portfolio of research projects that produce knowledge which facilitates the scaling and financing of socially-transformative climate action. With this, the resilience and livelihoods of the most vulnerable communities in the developing world will be strengthened.
The Accelerating Climate Action call will focus on the following three themes, collectively addressing current knowledge gaps in socially-transformative climate research:
- Climate and disaster resilience
- Energy security
The proposed research must be led by a research-oriented organization from academia or the private or public sectors, and be based in an eligible low- or middle-income country. Canadian organizations can serve as partners.
The total budget for this call is expected to be $4 million Canadian dollars and IDRC expects to fund up to 8 projects. Projects should not exceed 36 months in duration.
Please visit the website for more information and links to the guidelines and application form.
Any faculty member interested in this opportunity is asked to contact the International Research Facilitator in Dalhousie Research Services (email@example.com) for more information and support in preparing an application.
Deadline: April 23, 208
- Dismantling Barriers and Improving the Quality of Education for Women and Girls in Fragile, Conflict and Crisis Situations
- (OPTions) Innovation Initiative
- Faculty Mobility Program 2019‑20
- New Frontiers in Research Fund ‑ Exploration
- Canada‑ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED), 2019‑20
- Innovative Therapies Program
- Cures Within Reach
- Canadian Blood Services Intramural Research Grant Program