Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Canadian Cancer Society: Impact Grants
The Impact Grant program is intended to contribute to the scientific idea ‘pipeline’ by supporting significant progression in cancer research programs that are anywhere in the continuum from basic high impact discovery to translational work of direct relevance to the clinic and beyond.
These grants have been created to support large, well-developed programs in cancer research that have the potential to make a significant impact on the burden of disease in patients and populations. The goal of the CCS Research Impact Grant program is to provide a mechanism for scientists to adopt innovations and accelerate the application of new knowledge to address problems in cancer research that have the potential for practical application.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to form multidisciplinary teams including early career investigators, to provide mentorship and development opportunities for Canada’s future cancer researchers.
CCS welcomes applications for all cancer types. Given the merger of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (CBCF) with CCS in February 2017, a special call for breast cancer research is being included in the 2018 Impact Grant funding opportunity. For applicants wishing to be considered under the breast cancer research initiative, a relevance statement is required that explicitly demonstrates how the project is relevant to breast cancer.
Please see the website for program & application details.
- Operations & Maintenance Response Fund (O&MRF) for Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) Projects
- Heart and Stroke Foundation Canadian Partnership for Stroke Recovery
- Dalhousies new College and Universities Rate Agreement
- ERA‑Net PerMed Cofund: Research Projects on Personalized Medicine
- 2018 Challenge Award: Prostate Cancer Foundation
- Grand Challenges Explorations
- ACU Fellowships
- Human Frontier Science Program ‑ Program and Young Investigator Grants 2019