Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program
CIFAR is pleased to announce the 2018 Call for Applications to the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program: a new opportunity for early career researchers. We invite you to share this opportunity with exceptional early career researchers in your network.
The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR), a Canadian-based global organization, brings together 370 researchers from 18 countries to work in collaborative research programs that address some of the most complex challenges facing the world today.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
- $100,000 CDN in unrestricted research support
- A two-year membership in a CIFAR research program, a global network of top-tier research leaders
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with colleagues from a range of disciplines
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Specialized leadership and communications skills training, and support to put skills into action
Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of a full-time academic appointment. Scholars' research interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program. In 2018, the eligible programs are:
- Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
- Bio-inspired Solar Energy
- Gravity & the Extreme Universe
- Humans & the Microbiome
- Molecular Architecture of Life
We invite you to share this opportunity with exceptional early career researchers in your network.
Applications must be submitted before February 22, 2018. All applications are submitted online and must include letters of reference. A detailed overview of the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program, along with eligibility requirements and how to apply, are available on our website.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vice‑President Research and Innovation International Seed Fund (VPRIIS Fund)
- Mitacs‑JSPS Internship 2019
- Council of Canadian Academies (CCA) Board of Directors
- Weston Brain Institute: Rapid Response and Transformational Research: Canada 2019
- Big Thinking: The Social Implications of Artificial Intelligence
- Rare Disease Foundation
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada: 2019‑2020 Contributions Program
- Academics Without Borders: Call for Project Proposals