Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Ericsson Canada Inc.
Ericsson Canada Inc. is inviting Canadian universities to submit research project proposals that can benefit Ericsson’s business in Canada and internationally.
Ericsson seeks well-defined projects to be undertaken by university researchers, their students and collaborators. Direct project costs will be shared by Ericsson and potentially funding agencies such as Mitacs or NSERC, depending on eligibility. While the majority of the awards will be for one year, projects may range from one to two years in duration. Projects will be funded to a total of $50,000.
Areas of focus include, but are not limited to, the following subjects:
· Operator Support Systems - OSS
· Business Support Systems - BSS
· TV and Media Systems
· Cloud Technologies
· Network Function Virtualization - NFV
· Software Defined Networks - SDN
· Network, Architecture and Protocols
· Media Technologies
· Cloud System Software Technologies
· Hardware, Device and EMF
· Machine Intelligence
· Digital Services Design
· Internet of Things
· User Experience
· Smart Grid communications
· Software engineering
· Machine type communications
· Internet of the future
· Business model research
· Social implications of a networked society
· Energy efficiency of infrastructure
· Smart Cities
Applications are due by 15 December 2017. However, applicants are required to contact Ericsson and indicate their intention to participate by 30 November 2017. In addition, researchers should be aware that there are particular Intellectual Property requirements for this call, as stipulated by Ericsson.
Given these factors, any interested researcher is asked to contact Kevin Dunn, Director of Industry Liaison & Innovation (email@example.com), as soon as possible, to obtain more information about this call and discuss their proposal ideas.
Internal Deadline: 28 November 2017
- New Frontiers in Research Fund ‑ Exploration
- Innovative Therapies Program
- Cures Within Reach
- Canadian Blood Services Intramural Research Grant Program
- Mitacs: Canadian Science Policy Fellowship
- AGE‑WELL Core Research Program 2020
- Atlantic PATH
- China‑Canada Scholar Exchange Program (CCSEP) 2019‑20