Dal Alert!

Receive alerts from Dalhousie by text message.


Additional Services

Helping you manage your funding

DRS staff can provide additional services to you in managing your funding:

  • Amendments to agreements: Changes, such as an extended timeframe or revised budget, are often needed for projects. An amendment to the agreement needs to be in place for these changes to be effected. Please contact us to help you initiate any required changes to your research agreement.
  • Transfers of funds: If you have project partners (identified in the original application) to whom you wish to transfer part of your funding, please contact us. We will work with you to draw up the appropriate documentation:

Depending on your project and the funder, we can provide additional services to help you manage your funding including:

  • International development projects: Staff in IR&D can assist with orientation of new project staff, financial management of project funds and reporting requirements.  Should your project involve bringing international visitors and visiting scholars to Dalhousie, we can provide a template for a Letter of Invitation [DOC - 37 kB].
  • Large grants: Large grants involving networks of researchers and/or annual budgets in the six-figure range often require a range of expertise. For this reason, we can provide application development support teams and/or post-award oversight committees.


Read our FAQs or contact us.