The Purchasing Card (P-Card) Program shall be used for all purchases under $3,000 unless the vendor cannot accept credit card transactions.
The P-Card offers you several advantages over purchase requisitions
- Freedom to purchase via phone, internet, or in person without the need to engage the Procurement office.
- Elimination of time and effort for you to generate a purchase requisition and administering receiving copy of the purchase order.
- Immediate commitment to vendor resulting in quicker delivery. Studies have shown that, on average, P-Card orders are delivered 7 days faster than orders using a purchase order.
Who is eligible for a P-Card and how to apply
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- be an employee of the university
- have spending authority on the default account
- attend a mandatory information session, register now
- complete and submit the corporate card application. Scan and email to email@example.com.
- card security
- Only the named person on the card is authorized to use it.
- Report lost or stolen cards to BMO MasterCard (call 1-800-361-3361).
- Return your card to the Purchasing Department when your employment status changes.
- performing a monthly reconciliation against your monthly statement
- Monthly statements are available online on the 4th of each month and must be updated, signed and returned with all original detailed receipts to the Purchasing Department no later than the 20th of each month, unless otherwise specified.
- compliance with all University Policies
Directors, managers, supervisors responsibilities
- approving the corporate card application
- verifying and approving the monthly statements
- ensuring only the named cardholder uses the card
- ensuring all purchases comply with university policies
- ensuring they have spending authority on the accounts used
- reporting cardholder changes to the central card coordinator
- non-university use
- personal use
- gift cards
- cash advances
- Flowers, gifts and cards - review the University Guidelines for Entertainment, Food, Beverage & Miscellaneous Expenses
- traffic violations (e.g. parking tickets) - review the University Travel Policy
- goods or services from any officer or other employee of the university
- alcohol, narcotics,nuclear substances (including open and sealed sources), radiation emitting equipment and/or devices, and any materials requiring special permits or licences.
- leasing or rental of equipment in excess of 60 days
- salaries, wages, temporary help, consulting fees, or legal fees
- travel and travel related expenses including:
- transportation expenses (e.g. airline, rail or car rentals)
- accommodation & lodging expenses (e.g. hotel, motel & other accommodation)
- food & beverages expenses (e.g. restaurants, fast foods or alcoholic stores)
Full reimbursement will be required if any of the above is purchased.
Review the Procurement policy and procedure.
Who to contact
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the following:
- changing information (account number, name, phone, etc.)
- cancelling P-Card
- resetting a password for Details Online
- having trouble with the online system
- requiring your billing address
Lost or stolen MasterCard, call BMO MasterCard directly at 1-800-361-3361.
Need to dispute an item on your statement, call BMO Customer Service at 1-800-263-2263.
If your pin code is not working, contact call BMO Customer Service at 1-800-263-2263.
When you contact BMO, you will be required to provide your banner # and billing address.