The MacEachen Institute for Public Policy and Governance at Dalhousie University invites expressions of interest from those who wish to become Founding Fellows. The two-year appointment will start in July 2018 and will end in June 2020.
The Institute is at its early stages; the Founding Fellows will play an important role in shaping and raising the profile of the Institute’s agenda, and ensuring the Institute becomes the ‘go-to’ place for policy discussion and analysis regionally and nationally. We welcome expressions of interest from those who would be excited about joining the Institute at this early and important stage.
|Who can submit an expression of interest:||Tenured or Tenure-track Faculty members from any faculty at Dalhousie University.|
|Research area:||Research area must be related to one of the MacEachen Institute’s research themes.|
|Appointment term:||Appointments will be for a 2-year term, beginning July 1, 2018 and ending June 30, 2020.|
|Award / Support:||
Founding Faculty Fellows will receive compensation of up to $4,000 allocated as follows:
In addition, Founding Fellows will be remunerated for the completion of events and/or written work intended to advance and raise the profile of an important policy issue for up to a total of $2,000 during the duration of the fellowship. This can include:
|Application deadline:||Friday March 30th, 2018|
Founding Faculty Fellows are expected to increase the research outputs of the Institute and contribute to the goals and profile of the Institute by:
- Applying for research grants
- Authoring papers
- Participating in and organizing events and media engagements
- Contributing to the Institute’s online and social media presence through blog posts, thought pieces or policy briefs
- Support the Institute in its communication and promotion of activities by sharing event notices and social media content and suggesting contacts for event invitations
- Participate in the life of the Institute by attending Institute events
- Provide permission to be listed on the Institute’s website
How to submit an expression of interest
Submit an expression of interest that includes the following:
- A current CV
- A one page description of how your research priorities align with the Institute
- An one page outline of what you would deliver in the first year of the two-year appointment
Submit your expression of interest electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: MacEachen Founding Fellows Expression of Interest.
The MacEachen Institute expects to appoint four Founding Fellows for the 2-year term beginning July 1, 2018.