Vision and Mission
We see a diverse public engaged in thoughtful and informed public policy discourse advancing the cause of a progressive and democratic society.
Our mission is to energize and inform progressive public policy education, ideas and debates in Canada and abroad. Our goals for the Institute are to:
- attract international, national and local thought leaders from the public, private and third sector to contribute to these debates.
- be part of a broad national and international network of forward-looking institutions and associations concerned about matters of progressive public policy.
- be a welcoming, collaborative and non-partisan physical and virtual network.
- engage creatively with communities and technologies to maximize access.
- employ a rich, diverse and international perspective, which will include interdisciplinary and comparative approaches.
- use our resources efficiently, transparently and with integrity, with an eye to maximizing the Institute's impact and establishing and growing its reputation as a leading international centre for public policy research, debate and education.
- communicate our findings regularly and in accessible formats and fora.
- excite, engage and support young people, and in so doing help ready the next generation of policy-makers.
The Institute recognizes and actively supports the concept of academic freedom.