Welcome to the Dalhousie community, and thank you for choosing Dalhousie University as a place to work. We're excited to have you on board.
Before You Arrive
Please review the information below before you start your new job with us. You can also find out what to expect on your first days.
- As a new Dalhousie employee, you will be issued a Banner ID number (beginning with B00) in your letter of employment.
- Once you have a Banner ID:
- You need to activate your NetID, which will allow you to create a personalized email address and give you access to Web for Employees (view your pay, benefits, deductions).
- You are also required to get your DalCard, the university's official ID, which is used for access on campus. It also serves as a library card and a debit card that is an accepted payment method for select goods and services on and off campus. Bring your letter of employment and a piece of government-issued ID to the DalCard Office, 6230 Coburg Road, Studley Campus to obtain a card.
Below are some other things that you can do and/or review before starting with Dalhousie:
- Register to attend a campus tour. View the campuses, including parking, bike racks, food and other services.
- Dalhousie is a smoke-free and scent-free workplace.
- Dalhousie supports a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace.
- Visit SmartTrip Dalhousie for commuting options.
- Staff or faculty members on the Halifax campus interested in childcare services may contact the University Children's Centre. A corporate membership is also available with Kids & Company. View more child care options.