Updates» Go to news main
Dalhousie and DFA reach tentative agreement
Dalhousie University and the Dalhousie Faculty Association (DFA) have successfully reached a tentative collective agreement.
The bargaining teams met several times throughout 2017, and in January 2018 with the assistance of a conciliator. The meetings were productive throughout the collective bargaining process. Working together, the bargaining teams reached agreement on several items to advance Dalhousie’s strategic direction including provisions to address pay equity gaps.
The university’s Board of Governors would like to extend thanks to all the bargaining team members who volunteered their time to be involved in the collective bargaining process.
A tentative agreement means that both parties have agreed to the terms of a collective agreement, which need to be agreed to or ratified by the DFA members and the university’s Board. The details of the tentative deal will be made available once the Board and the membership of DFA have ratified the collective agreement.
DFA represents approximately 1,000 full-time faculty, instructors, librarians and counselors at Dalhousie.
- Dalhousie and DFA reach tentative agreement
- Conciliation dates scheduled for Dalhousie and DFA collective bargaining
- Conciliator appointed for Dalhousie and DFA collective bargaining
- Collective bargaining meeting with DFA scheduled for December 20
- Dalhousie and CUPE Local 3912 reach tentative agreement
- Collective bargaining continues to advance with DFA
- Collective bargaining continues with CUPE Local 3912
- Collective bargaining continues with DFA