Updates» Go to news main
Dalhousie and CUPE Local 3912 reach tentative agreement
Dalhousie University and CUPE Local 3912 have successfully reached a tentative collective agreement.
A tentative agreement means that both parties have agreed to the terms of a collective agreement, which need to be agreed to or ratified by the CUPE Local 3912 members and the university’s Board of Governors.
The bargaining teams met on multiple occasions throughout the year, and meetings were productive throughout the collective bargaining process.
The details of the tentative deal will be made available once the Board of Governors and the membership of CUPE Local 3912 have ratified the collective agreement. Ratification is expected to occur in the New Year.
CUPE Local 3912 represents more than 1,200 part-time academics, teaching assistants, markers and demonstrators at Dalhousie. The CUPE Local 3912 collective agreement expired on August 31, 2016.
- Collective bargaining underway with Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77
- Dalhousie and DFA ratify collective agreement
- Dalhousie and CUPE Local 3912 ratify collective agreement
- Dalhousie and DFA reach tentative agreement
- Conciliation dates scheduled for Dalhousie and DFA collective bargaining
- Conciliator appointed for Dalhousie and DFA collective bargaining
- Collective bargaining meeting with DFA scheduled for December 20
- Dalhousie and CUPE Local 3912 reach tentative agreement