Updates» Go to news main
Collective bargaining continues to advance with DFA
Negotiations between the Dalhousie Board of Governors and the Dalhousie Faculty Association (DFA) continue to advance. Further proposals were exchanged by both parties at meetings held on November 29 and 30.
There has been positive and constructive dialogue on a number of items including diversity, academic renewal and stabilizing the defined benefit pension plan. The Board values the DFA’s collaborative and strategic approach, as the teams work towards using limited fiscal resources creatively to achieve solutions that work for everyone.
The Board continues to advance discussions based on the university’s four labour relations principles – alignment with Inspiration and Impact: Dalhousie Strategic Direction 2014-2018; promote the recruitment and retention of talent; support the financial stability of the university; and enable flexible and effective management.
During the last round of negotiations with the DFA in 2014 we were able to successfully conclude negotiations in a positive and respectful way. We aim to build on that constructive record.
The parties have agreed to meet again on December 20 and we are exploring dates for the new year. The Board remains committed to achieving a negotiated settlement and will continue to provide updates to the community throughout the bargaining process.
- Collective bargaining underway with Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77
- Dalhousie and DFA ratify collective agreement
- Dalhousie and CUPE Local 3912 ratify collective agreement
- Dalhousie and DFA reach tentative agreement
- Conciliation dates scheduled for Dalhousie and DFA collective bargaining
- Conciliator appointed for Dalhousie and DFA collective bargaining
- Collective bargaining meeting with DFA scheduled for December 20
- Dalhousie and CUPE Local 3912 reach tentative agreement