Updates» Go to news main
Dalhousie and PSAC ratify first collective agreement
On June 28, the Board of Governors ratified the first collective agreement between Dalhousie University and the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC), representing Postdoctoral Fellow Employees at the university.
The collective agreement is effective immediately and includes approximately 120 Postdoctoral Fellow Employees (note: Postdoctoral Fellow Scholars are excluded from the bargaining unit). Some notable items in the agreement include supplementary unemployment benefits for qualifying Postdoctoral Fellow Employees on pregnancy or parental leave, and a Health Spending Account.
The agreement supports the university’s collective bargaining priorities as well as the Strategic Direction.
The collective bargaining process for Dalhousie and PSAC began in September 2015 and a tentative agreement was reached in May 2016. The full collective agreement will be made available on the Labour Relations website soon.
- Collective bargaining underway with Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77
- Dalhousie and DFA ratify collective agreement
- Dalhousie and CUPE Local 3912 ratify collective agreement
- Dalhousie and DFA reach tentative agreement
- Conciliation dates scheduled for Dalhousie and DFA collective bargaining
- Conciliator appointed for Dalhousie and DFA collective bargaining
- Collective bargaining meeting with DFA scheduled for December 20
- Dalhousie and CUPE Local 3912 reach tentative agreement