Updates» Go to news main
Postdoctoral Fellows update
The vote to certify Dalhousie Postdoctoral Fellows has been successful. The Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) will represent Postdoctoral Fellows.
In July, PSAC applied to the Labour Board of Nova Scotia to certify Postdoctoral Fellows and some Grant-Paid/Associated employees. PSAC later withdrew its application for the Grant-paid/Associated employees.
Postdoctoral Fellows perform research and research related activities, under the supervision of faculty at Dalhousie University. They hold a doctoral degree in the discipline related to their research activities as Dalhousie. Note that the union will represent all Postdoctoral Fellows at Dalhousie with the exception of those who secure their own transferable funding from external sources.
Collective bargaining will begin once Dalhousie receives a notice to bargain from PSAC. Updates will be provided throughout the collective bargaining process.
- Dalhousie University and PSAC Local 86001 ratify a new collective agreement
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 99 reach tentative agreement
- Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77 ratify a new collective agreement
- Collective bargaining underway with Dalhousie and NSGEU Local 77
- Dalhousie and DFA ratify collective agreement
- Dalhousie and CUPE Local 3912 ratify collective agreement
- Dalhousie and DFA reach tentative agreement
- Conciliation dates scheduled for Dalhousie and DFA collective bargaining