Office of the Assistant Vice-President, Human Resources
- Chris Hattie, assistant vice-president (acting), director, Employee Experience, 902-494-5186, Chris.Hattie@dal.ca
- April Delorme-Provo, executive assistant/operations manager, 902-476-3528, April.Delorme-Provo@dal.ca
- Kelly Taylor, senior communications advisor, 902-237-0588, Kelly.Taylor@dal.ca
Academic Staff Relations
Responsible for advising academic leaders on matters regarding academic staff including advice on collegial processes and academic recruitment. Also responsible for managing the university’s relationship with the Dalhousie Faculty Association (DFA), Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), Local 3912 and Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC), Local 86001.
- Laura Neals, director, Laura.Neals@dal.ca (on leave)
- Marlo Shinyei, director (acting), Marlo.Shinyei@Dal.Ca
- Miriam (Mimi) Breslow, HR advisor (Postdoctoral Fellows), Miriam.Breslow@dal.ca
- Dipti Periwal, HR Advisor (Faculty Recruitment), Dipti.Periwal@dal.ca
- Jennifer Dooks, data coordinator, Jennifer.Dooks@dal.Ca
Responsible for the development and advancement of an accessibility standard relating to employment, administration of the University’s Accommodation Policy for staff and faculty, sick leave administration and return to work plans, and providing education and outreach to the Dal community to ensure employment at Dalhousie is accessible to all.
- Orla McDevitt, director, 902-444-8244, Orla.Mcdevitt@dal.ca
- Justin Snow, disability management consultant, 902-444-8243, Justin.Snow@dal.ca
- Ivonne Paez, accessiblity advisor, 902-444-8242, Ivonne.Paez@dal.ca
The Employee Experience team is dedicated to supporting Dal’s employees throughout their careers – from recruitment, orientation, professional development, health and wellness, and career planning, and is responsible for administrative staff employee & labour relations, as well as job design. Additionally, we work with organizational leaders across Dalhousie to support their organizational development initiatives; including organizational design, team optimization, and strategic planning.
Employee Relations - Responsible for advising managers/supervisors on matters regarding administrative staff; managing the relationship with the Nova Scotia Government Employees’ Union (NSGEU) Locals 77 and 99, ensuring that workplace standards are met, and staff concerns and requests are addressed. The Employee Relations team also support leaders and employees with job design, including administering the University’s job evaluation systems.
- Sundari Pashupathi, director (acting), employee relations,902-444-5188, Sundari.Pashupathi@dal.ca
- Lisa Morrison, HR consultant, 902-444-5189, Lisa.Morrison@dal.ca
- Britney Sears, HR consultant, grant-paid, 902-444-5190, Britney.Sears@dal.ca
- Keerthi Baruah, HR advisor, job design, Keerthi.Baruah@dal.ca
- Amanda LeBlanc, HR advisor, job design (Truro), 902-893-2358, Amanda.LeBlanc@dal.ca
- Crista MacKinnon, HR advisor, job design, Crista.Mackinnon@dal.ca
- Sasha Sears, HR advisor, Sasha.Sears@dal.ca
- Gaurishtha, HR business partner, firstname.lastname@example.org
Talent Management - Responsible for recruitment of staff positions, recognition and retention initiatives, learning and development including leadership development and performance management, and organizational health and wellness.
- Sheila MacLean, director (acting), talent management, 902-494-7812, Sheila.MacLean@dal.ca
- Janice MacInnis, manager, organizational health, 902-494-4568, Janice.MacInnis@dal.ca
- Alicia Kirk, HR consultant, recruitment and retention, Alicia.Kirk@dal.ca
- Anjali Mehta, coordinator, talent management, Anjali.Mehta@dal.ca
- Ashley Abbott, HR coordinator, employee experience, Ashley.Abbott@dal.ca
Executive Recruitment and Employment Equity
Responsible for recruitment of senior level academic and administrative leadership positions at the university, management of external search firm engagements and relationships, and senior leader onboarding support. Also responsible for Dalhousie's employment equity program, including the development and execution of multi-year employment equity plans and strategic employment equity related initiatives and projects.
- Laura Godsoe, director, 902-800-1729, Laura.Godsoe@dal.ca
- Emma Spence Wach, executive recruitment advisor, 902-459-2998, email@example.com
- Huwaida Medani, manager, employment equity, 902-444-9424, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stefanie Adams, advisor, talent pathways, 902-800-1763, Stefanie.Adams@dal.ca
Responsible for administering all Dalhousie employees’ compensation including payroll, benefits, and pension plan.
- Ken MacDermid, director, 902-717-3722, KMacderm@dal.ca
Payroll & Benefits
- Jenny White, manager, payroll & benefits, 902-494-6363, Jenny.White@dal.ca
- Susan Whitman, assistant manager, payroll & compensation, 902-800-1543, Susan.Whitman@dal.ca
- Sandra White, lead payroll specialist, 902-706-7193, Sandra.White@dal.ca
- Ashley Billard, payroll assistant, 902-707-0478, email@example.com
- Earon Colley, payroll assistant, 902-706-7241, Earon.Colley@dal.ca
- Bernal Betu, payroll assistant, 902-706-7184, Bernal.Betu@dal.ca
- Ann Jones, payroll assistant, 902-706-7182, Ann.Jones@dal.ca
- Ashley Ta, payroll assistant, Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Israel Maynard, payroll clerk/HR receptionist, 902-494-3700, email@example.com
- Marcie Nixon, benefits advisor, 902-800-1542, Marcie@dal.ca
- Laura Nelson, benefits assistant, 902-494-1122, Benefits@dal.ca
- Laurie Creelman, pension services manager, 902-494-1120, Laurie.Creelman@dal.ca
- Alex MacNab, senior pension analyst, 902-706-6694, Alex.Macnab@dal.ca
- Christine Jamieson, pension consultant, 902-706-3941, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melanie Thompson, pension assistant, 902-706-3668, Melanie.Thompson@dal.ca
Data Analysis and Systems Management (DASM) - Responsible for translating data into meaningful information, as well as administrating university-wide systems and processes.
- Lindie Colp-Rutley, data and systems manager, 902-494-6735, Lindie.Colp-Rutley@dal.ca
- Megan Clarke, senior data advisor and business analyst, 902-494-6292, email@example.com
- David Weir, senior systems advisor, 902-800-1555, David.Weir@dal.ca
- Mike Hendsbee, systems developer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh Littlechilds, HR reporting analyst, 902-494-1132, JS64440@dal.ca
- Liz Publicover, coordinator, data integrity, 902-494-1131, Elizabeth.Publicover@dal.ca
- Katie Pineiro, HR data assistant, 902-494-1132, email@example.com