Your relationship with Dalhousie University does not end once you retire.
Retirees remain connected in many ways. Most communication is issued through your Dalhousie email address (or an alternative preferred email address if provided). Please monitor your Dalhousie email (or preferred alternative) regularly and update your preferred email address whenever there are changes.
If you are considering retiring please review: Retiring from Dalhousie [log-in required]
Please visit the Dalhousie Pension website for information about the Dalhousie University Staff Pension Plan.
View details about the Public Service Pension Plan (PSSP) administered by the Nova Scotia Pension Services Corporation.
For access to payroll forms for members of the Dalhousie University Staff Pension Plan:
These forms should be sent to: Payroll & Information Services, Room 150, Henry Hicks Academic Administration Building, 6399 South Street, Halifax, NS B3V 1V7
Access to obtain your T4 and/or T4A is available through Dal Online (login required).
For questions or if you require additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 494-1782.
Benefit Cost [PDF]
In order to continue health, travel and/or dental coverage through Dalhousie University it is imperative that provincial health coverage is maintained.
- Retiree Health and Dental Coverage – Under 65 [PDF] - This coverage is applicable if one of the covered members is under age 65. Drug coverage will remain active for the individual under 65 only. Upon all members reaching age 65, coverage will automatically be adjusted to the over 65 policy. Dental coverage ceases at retirement or when the retired member reaches age 65.
- Retiree Health Coverage – Over 65 [PDF]
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance [PDF] - At retirement, you may continue coverage at your pre-retirement level until the end of the month in which you reach age 65. After attaining age 65, coverage may continue until age 70 but is restricted a maximum of $100,000.
Travel - Travel coverage is applicable to all members who maintain retiree health coverage through Dalhousie University. Dependants listed under the health plan also maintain travel. Travel coverage is mandatory if health coverage is maintained. This benefit was introduced in 2014 as part of the benefit package.
- Travel Card [PDF]
- Travel Brochure [PDF]
- Travel – Frequently asked questions [PDF]
- Travel Health Notices
How to submit a claim - You can submit claims through:
- Medavie Blue Cross website
- Medavie Blue Cross mobile app
- Medavie Health Claims Form [PDF]
- SSQ - Travel Claim Form [PDF]
For questions or if you require additional information, please contact email@example.com or 494-1122.