Financial Services has various types of forms that are required by campus.  The following are the types of forms available on line.


Mid-Year/Third Qtr Operating Budget Review Form [EXCEL]


Certificate of Insurance Request to provide a certificate of insurance to prove appropriate insurance is in place to cover students or employees while working on behalf of the University at sites external to the University.[PDF - 156 KB]

Cash Handling & Banking

Petty Cash Application & Change Request Application form to obtain a petty cash fund or to request a change in the amount of petty cash.
[PDF - 109 KB]
Petty Cash Count Sheet Reconcile petty cash funds on hand plus receipts.
[PDF - 126 KB]

Research & Special Purpose

Research Account Application Researchers wishing to open a general research account must complete a Research Account Application form and secure all the necessary signatures before submitting it to the Dalhousie Research Services for final approval. [PDF - 729KB] - updated May 2017
Continuous Research Account Application
The Transfer of Unexpended Residual Funds to Continuous Research Account form should be used by Researchers whose research grant or contract accounts have passed end date and have become eligible for consideration under the Unexpended Residual Funds in Research Accounts Policy. Researchers will receive notification when their accounts are nearing the published end date. [PDF - 762 KB]
Special Purpose Account Application A Special Purpose Account Application form must be completed by anyone wishing to open a non-research special purpose account (service agreements, lab accounts, conference/workshop accounts, etc.). Completed application with signatures should be forwarded to [PDF - 147 KB]
Spending Authority Signature All Unit Authorities (Researchers) responsible for an account in the 34xxx-5xxxx range, must complete this signature form and forward it to Financial Services and your department office.  This same form is to be used by those who have been delegated spending authority in Web for Administrators. [PDF - 416 KB]
Meeting Expense Hospitality costs for networking purposes in the context of formal courtesy between the researcher and guest researchers and research-related activities in the context of assemblies that facilitate and contribute to the achievement of the research objectives are eligible expenses from most reserach grants and contracts.  However, such expenses must be adequately documented by completing and submitting a Meeting Expense form with any request for payment. [PDF - 802 KB]
Volunteer Payments in Research Projects If volunteer being paid an honorarium for participating as a subject in a research project signs this form as "self-declared income", they will claim the funds as income to CRA.  Otherwise, a T4A will be provided. [PDF - 115 KB]
Graduate Student Payroll Information Profile (GSPIP) form Graduate Studies maintains this form.  Listed under Student Funding - Scholarships with instructions on completeing the form
Various Payroll forms (login required) Human Resources maintains these forms and provides instructions for completion. 
Request for Letter of Transfer of Funds Research Services maintains this form.  This form is used when a Researcher would like to transfer funds to a co-investigator at another institution.

Payment of Expenses

Cheque Requisition 
(login required)
This form is to be used for payments to individuals (i.e., honorariums, advances); corporations, and societies (when an invoice is not available).  This form is not to be used for payments to individuals for student aid, payments made by payroll, or corporations where invoices are available.
Travel Expense Claim

Reimbursement of travel costs incurred on University business. [PDF - 1 MB]

NOTE:  If you are having issues opening this form, the problem maybe with the browser you are using.  Many browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome) use their own PDF viewer instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  You need to either change your browser settings so the browser doesn't use the default viewer or use Internet Explorer.  

Flight Pass Approval Request
Request approval to purchase a flight pass.
[PDF - 104 KB]
Professional Development Allowance Reimbursement of professional development allowance associated with DFA members.   [PDF - 1222 KB]
Services Rendered Assessment Questionnaire
Determine relationship employee or independent contractor. [PDF - 843 KB]
Direct Deposit
Required to set a vendor on direct deposit.
[PDF - 785 KB]
Upload Template
Excel upload template to be used for electronic journal entries. [EXCEL - 9 KB]
Journal Entry Form Excel Journal Entry Form [EXCEL - 25 KB]
Student Aid Requisition 
(login required)
This form is to be used to request payments to students for student aid. [EXCEL - 16 KB]

Financial Systems & Information

Terms and Conditions of Use for Web for Admin Query/Reports Access For those individuals requiring access to FSS and ePrint that are not payrolled through Dalhousie University.  Once completed and approved, this form should be emailed to [PDF - 82 KB]

NOTE:  The following two (2) Financial Services forms are not electronic.

  • Deposit Advice
  • Purchase Requisition

The Deposit Advise paper forms can be obtained by emailing or if you are on the Dalhousie Agricultural Campus.  Please provide the Print Centre with the form name you require, the quantity of forms you need and where to send the forms.

The Purchase Requisition form can be obtained through the Procurement Department.  This request should be emailed to