Professional Development Allowance
The following procedures apply in order to claim this allowance:
- Have not made a previous claim in January 1st to February 28th time period.
- Been a Member during the period when expenditures were incurred.
- Made a claim for valid expenditures
- Related to their responsibilities
- Have not otherwise been reimbursed from any other source nor claimed as an income tax deduction.
Allowable, professional-related expenditures are limited to the following:
- Membership fees for professional and/or learned societies
- Subscriptions to professional and/or learned journals
- Purchase of books, equipment and/or other items related to the Member's research or
- Registration fees for attendance at scholarly conferences