There will be a planned steam shutdown affecting buildings on the upper Studley campus Friday, November 4 at 7 p.m. until Saturday, November 5 at 7 a.m. This is to perform much needed maintenance to ensure consistent heat and hot water through the winter season.
There will be no heat or hot water to the following affected buildings during this time.
- LSC – Biology, Psychology, Oceanography & Common Area
- Wallace McCain Learning Commons
- Steele Ocean Sciences Building
- Shirreff Hall
- King’s College
The times and date of this planned steam outage cannot be changed.
Please share this information as necessary with all key contacts and stakeholders in your building. There will be more communication about the preparations needed for this shutdown this week as needed.
The main disruptions will be as follows:
Residences – There will be no hot water for washing or showers during the outage.
Food service areas – There will be no hot water available for food preparation at this time.
Research, animal care, Oceanography – There will be no hot water available during this time.
All other affected areas of campus – No hot water in showers, washrooms, labs, office kitchens during this time.
If you are concerned about your area, particularly because of any research activities, please contact zone supervisor
Zone 3 Supervisor
(902) 494-6765 Tel
(902) 222-2217 Cell
(902) 494-6782 Fax
- Emergency Steam Shutdown
- Steam Shut Down
- Steam Shut Down
- Sexton parking changes
- Dentistry Clinic and Facilities Renewal Weekly Look Ahead (August 19th)
- North Doors to the LSC Biology wing will be closed from August 22 to August 29th
- Client Satisfaction Survey Results 2016
- Dentistry Clinic and Facilities Renewal Weekly Look Ahead (August 12th)