Wallace McCain Learning Commons
Shared space to promote social synergy
The Wallace McCain Learning Commons provides a space for students, faculty, staff and the surrounding community to come together and mingle, study and access IT.
Filling a student need for more common learning space
The Wallace McCain Learning Commons is a single-storey addition to the LSC connected to the corridor, adjacent to the Chase Building. It is the first of four proposed learning commons identified in the Master Plan document.
- Location: Connected to the Life Sciences Centre corridor at the end of Lord Dalhousie Drive, adjacent to the Chase Building
- Size: 13,600 sq.ft.
- Budget: $6 M
- Construction start date: June 2014
- Opening date: October 15, 2015
- Architects: Harvey Architecture
- Construction firm: Bird Construction
- To be determined
- LEED Gold candidate, partial green roof, skylights, LED lighting throughout, Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) system of heating and cooling (ultra efficient).