Dentistry Clinic and Facilities Renewal
The Faculty of Dentistry's renewal project will be delivered over 3 years from 2015 to 2018. The facility and clinics will be upgraded to continue to offer exemplary service to its community in the delivery of research, education, training, and patient care at the highest standards of excellence. The faculty operates as an active class C health care facility and, therefore, its facilities and procedures must be in compliance with the latest CSA standards and code regulations that apply to hospitals and clinics.
- Location: Dentistry Building on Carleton Campus, at the corner of University Avenue and Robie Street
- Budget: $27.625 M
- Construction start date: April 2015
- Construction completion date: February 2018
- Architects: Barrie and Langille Architects Ltd.
- Construction Manager: Bird Construction
- Project Manager: Dalhousie University Capital Construction
The project will be delivered through 5 phases:
Phase 1 - April - Aug 2015
Microbiology and Bookstore Relocation
Stage one renovated room 12K01 in the Tupper Tower for a new microbiology lab and relocated the satellite bookstore to the main bookstore in the Student Union Building, thereby consolidating function and resources.
Phase 2 - April 2015 - March 2016
MDR, Simulation Lab and Bench Lab
Phase 2 involves renovating the following areas:
Level 3 lab precinct (simulation lab, bench lab, and dispensary)
- Level 2 dental stores including the creation of central dispensaries complete with dumbwaiter shaft extensions
- Level 1 expansion /renovation of the Medical Device Reprocessing (MDR) facility, keeping existing equipment in operation until scheduled changeover period.
Phase 3 - April 2016 - February 2018
Clinic (levels 1 and 2)
Stage three involves renovating levels 3, 2 and 1 as follows:
- Level 2 isolate and renovate north end clinic precinct (oral surgery, rad/GPR/Faculty Practice Clinic, north end mechanical room, and adjunct areas)
- Level 1 isolate and renovate north end clinic precinct (J.D. McLean Clinic, Discipline Clinic, north end mechanical room, & adjunct areas).
- Level 2: isolate and renovate south end clinic Small Group Practice clinics (including the north end mechanical rooms and support spaces)
- Level 1 isolate and renovate south end clinic precinct except for south west quadrant of Radiology cubicles and its access corridor (Partial Oral Diagnosis clinic, south end mechanical room, and adjunct areas).