Collaborative Health Education Building
Revolutionizing healthcare education
Students of the Faculties of Medicine and Health Professions will be brought together in the new Collaborative Health Education Building to learn together and from each other. The goal is to educate students in the health professions through an integrated approach so that they learn in the same way that they will be practicing when they enter the workforce.
Facilitating an integrated approach to learning
Shared classrooms, skills labs, learning commons, simulation centre and social spaces will help facilitate the interprofessional learning environment. The five-storey Interprofessional Health Building will be connected to the Life Sciences Research Institute via an atrium space.
Interprofessional learning under one roof
Currently in leased space and scattered across various buildings, the new Collaborative Health Education Building will allow the skills lab, simulation centre and classrooms to be gathered under one roof. Students, faculty and staff in health-related fields will be able to come together to learn, socialize and meet.
- Location: Corner of University Avenue and Summer Street
- Size: 107,000 sq.ft.
- Budget: $38.5 M
- Construction start date: October 2013
- Construction completion date: Fall 2015
- Architects: Barrie & Langille Architects of Halifax in association with Moriyama & Teshima, and Education Consultants Services
- Construction firm: Bird Construction
- Five-storey building
- Health sciences learning commons
- Active learning classrooms and seminar rooms for use of all health sciences disciplines
- Clinical skills and simulation lab
- Food service and social spaces to encourage interprofessional culture
- Gateway access to the Carleton campus from Summer Street and University Avenue
- Green features:
- Targeted for LEED Gold Certification
CHEB Update: Rock Breaking West Entrance Driveway
August 17, 2015 12:00 PM
CHEB Update: Installation of Compressed Air Line in LSRI Parking Garage
July 21, 2015 12:00 PM
CHEB Update: Masonry Cleaning & Concrete Drilling
July 6, 2015 12:00 PM
LSRI: Parking Garage Concrete Cutting and Removal
June 18, 2015 12:00 PM