Affordable accommodation from mid-May to late August
During the summer months, Dalhousie University residence rooms are available to accommodate conference delegates and visitors to Halifax.
- Traditional/dormitory-style residence rooms
- Single or double (2 single beds) occupancy
- Desk, chair, bed and closet/armoire
- Shared (co-ed) washrooms per floor
- 24-hour front desk service
- Coin-operated laundry facilities
- Common lounge areas (some with tv)
- Overnight parking (for a nominal fee)
Depending on business levels, there is normally one dining hall open for buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner. A minimum guarantee of 75 guests is required to open the hall for any meal but this can be in combination with other groups. If all meals are paid on one bill, you will receive an invoice directly from Dalhousie Food Services.
After signing your contract with Conference Services, you have two options for managing overnight booking arrangements:
- Individually-billed accommodations
With this option, you book a number of rooms for the dates of the event and provide your delegates with the details to make their own individual reservations. Delegates pay for their accommodations upon check in.
- Master-billed accommodations
This option requires you to book and pay for all rooms in the event room block. Payment is due in full upon check in and you are responsible for cancelling extra rooms as per the contract.