Keep everyone up to speed
A contact report documents the topics discussed during meetings, conference calls and phone calls.
- Establish who will prepare the contact report before the meeting begins. Typically, this is the role of the project lead.
- Review decisions reached, next steps, due dates and persons responsible at the end of the meeting.
- Distribute the contact report to all members of the project team, including the client within 24 hours of the meeting.
- Ask the group to review and make note of any inaccuracies or items that might not have been captured.
- Use the contact report at your next meeting to follow up on any of the items.