Association of Atlantic Universities Teaching Showcase
Saturday, October 24, 2020
The theme for the 2020 Association of Atlantic Universities Teaching Showcase is “Build it and they will learn: The importance of community”. This theme is meant to encourage discussion of the many ways that we, as teachers and learners, are builders and may include discussions regarding:
- building belonging in our classrooms and labs;
- building classroom content and assignments with diversity in mind;
- providing feedback that students can build on;
- building on interactive teaching/active classrooms; and
- building research opportunities for students early in the curriculum
The series of events begins with the Virtual Teaching Showcase which will be held on Saturday, October 24 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (ADT). This 3-hour event features a keynote presentation and a moderated discussion related to best teaching practices during the current pandemic. If you would like to attend the free Virtual Teaching Showcase, please register here.
Following the Teaching Showcase (and a lunch break), the SoTL workshop (from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. ADT) will be introduced through a three-person panel with the goal of answering the question of “why we should get excited and interested in SoTL?” If you would like to attend the free Virtual SoTL workshop, please register here.