PLANS Prep Institute (PPI)
- Dalhousie University – Halifax campuses
- Early May
About the camp
The PLANS Prep Institute is for African Nova Scotian/Canadian students from across Nova Scotian who are interested in going to university or college to study in a health or science field. PPI is a post-secondary preparation program for Grade 10, 11 & 12 learners with a focus on skills development to prepare for success at university or college and ease the transition from high school. The institute will explore courses and programs available and associated careers, skills in leadership, time management, note taking, goal setting, and with a short research project and presentation. It will also include personal development, cultural and recreational activities.
- Twenty (20) girls and boys, grades 10, 11, & 12 planning on attending university/college with an interest in health sciences will be invited to attend the camp.
- Four-day camp
- This is an overnight camp – accommodation, meals, and snacks will be provided.
- Chaperones will be on site, provided by responsible health sciences students (male & female) from Dalhousie University.
Drop off/pick up
- Accepted students will arrive on the first day and remain on Dalhousie campus until the final day.
- Participants will be responsible for transportation to and from home.
- A deposit of $40.00 is required to hold the spot once accepted into the camp.
If your child requires modified arrangements in order to fully benefit from the camp program, we encourage you to contact the Camp Coordinator at 902-494-1965 to discuss what options are available.