African Nova Scotian Health Sciences Camp
- Dalhousie University – Halifax campuses
- Early May
About the camp
Promoting Leadership in health for African Nova Scotians (PLANS) at Dalhousie University presents an exciting program for African Nova Scotian/Canadian students from across Nova Scotia who are interested in a career in health. The camp will introduce youth to a variety of health professions such as – nursing, medicine, physiotherapy, and public health. Along with personal development workshops and cultural activities.
- Thirty (30) girls and boys, grades 8, 9, & 10, showing promise in science with an interest in health professions will be invited to attend the camp.
- Six-day camp
- This is an overnight camp – accommodation, meals, and snacks will be provided.
- Chaperones will be on site, consisting of responsible health sciences students (male & female) from Dalhousie University.
Drop off/pick up
- Accepted students will arrive on the first day and remain on Dalhousie campus until the final day.
- Participants will be responsible for transportation to and from home.
- A deposit of $50.00 is required to hold the spot once accepted into the camp.
If your child requires modified arrangements in order to fully benefit from the camp program, we encourage you to contact the Camp Coordinator at 902-494-1965 to discuss what options are available.