Student Engagement Initiative
Supporting student engagement activities
Dalhousie and its constituents are certainly not newcomers to academic renewal and development. In 2008, former Vice-President Academic and Provost Alan Shaver provided funding to the Centre for Learning and Teaching for a limited-term project in support of student engagement activities. Some of the excellent funded projects have been completed and others are ongoing.
SEI activities include, but are not limited to:
- first year seminars
- mentoring programs
- shared intellectual experiences across courses or programs
- writing-intensive courses
- collaborative assignments and projects
- undergraduate research experiences
- service learning / community-based learning
- capstone courses and projects
Learn more about the Student Engagement Initiative.