» Go to news main
Clarification of COVID‑19 restrictions
To: Dalhousie students
From: Verity Turpin, Vice-Provost Student Affairs (Acting)
Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2022
Re: Clarification of COVID-19 restrictions
While the Nova Scotia government lifted most of its COVID-19 restrictions on Monday, March 21, we’re not yet completely back to “normal” and there are still certain restrictions and recommendations in place.
If you are experiencing symptoms:
- You must isolate and get tested as soon as possible.
- Do not go to class or anywhere else on campus.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 but don’t have symptoms:
- You don’t need to isolate but should get tested as soon as possible.
If you live in residence:
- Please follow the residence-specific instructions for testing and self-isolation that were once again distributed in yesterday’s email from Residence Life.
You can find more detailed information at nshealth.ca/coronavirus.
Wearing face masks
Please note that wearing face masks is still mandatory in Dalhousie buildings (except residences) until at least April 30.
Personal hygiene and safety
Public Health still recommends getting fully vaccinated, washing/sanitizing your hands, limiting gathering in large groups or with multiple groups of people, and wearing a face mask in high-risk areas (especially indoor areas).
For more information about protecting yourself and others, please visit the Nova Scotia Health website.
You can find all of the above and more Dalhousie-specific information at dal.ca/coronavirus. Thank you for helping to keep our community safe.
Vice-Provost Student Affairs (Acting)
Dalhousie University is located in Mi'kma'ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi`kmaq. We are all treaty people.
We recognize that African Nova Scotians are a distinct people whose histories, legacies and contributions have enriched that part of Mi'kma'ki known as Nova Scotia for over 400 years.
- Changes to mask requirements in instructional spaces as of May 1
- COVID protocols for winter term: Mask requirements continue in classes
- COVID‑19 guidelines and supports for residence students
- COVID‑19 procedures and protocols for Fall 2022
- Changes to mask guidance as of June 10
- Mask requirements extended to June 10; Campus Check program suspended as of May 1
- Clarification of COVID‑19 restrictions
- Reminder: Campus mask protocols remain in place until April 30