Canadian University Survey Consortium (CUSC)
What is CUSC?
The Canadian University Survey Consortium (CUSC) is an organization comprised of universities from across Canada that confidentially surveys students about their lives at the member universities. Since it was established, CUSC’s surveys have provided information about student characteristics and experiences at each individual university as well as comparative results from all participating schools.
Questions on the CUSC survey cover the following topics:
- Use of and satisfaction with various facilities and services
- Experiences with faculty
- Students' academic profile
- Financing your education
- Whether your Dalhousie experience exceeded, met, or fell short of expectations
- Assessment of your overall university experience
- Open-ended questions - Which aspects of your experience were the most negative/most positive?
Why is it important that I fill out the survey?
The information collected from the surveys helps Dalhousie learn more about our undergraduate students and your expectations of, and reactions to, university. The results allow us to compare the experiences of undergraduate students at Dal with those of students at other Canadian universities. More importantly, they show us what we’re doing right and what we need to improve upon to make the Dalhousie student experience as rich as possible.
Visit the CUSC website for more information about the survey.