Dalhousie participated in the 2016 Campus Climate Survey (Nov. 14 - Dec. 5) to examine the perceptions and experiences of Dalhousie students with respect to the campus climate, specifically around sexual violence.
Dalhousie takes sexual violence extremely seriously and we are paying particular attention to preventing and responding to sexual assault, and supporting survivors. The results of this survey will provide important information about our campus climate and help us enhance our sexual assault prevention and response efforts. We want to learn as much about our campus climate as we can.
Responses are confidential and survey participants will not be identified or connected to their survey responses in any way.
Thank you for your participation in the Campus Climate survey. The survey is now closed and winners were drawn for the following prizes:
- a $500 pre-paid Visa card, or
- one of five $100 pre-paid Visa cards
What is the Campus Climate survey?
The Campus Climate Survey is administered via the Education Advisory Board (EAB), a consulting firm that conducts best practice research for institutions of higher education.
The survey will examine the perceptions and experiences of Dalhousie students with respect to the campus climate. Specifically, students will be asked to answer questions on incidences of certain types of sexual and physical experiences in relationships on campus.
What types of questions are asked?
Questions on the Campus Climate survey cover the following areas:
- demographics/personal profile
- general attitudes toward the campus climate
- perceptions of sexual violence prevention training
- experiences with unwanted sexual contact during the current school year
- bystander intervention behaviours in potentially high risk situations
- the likelihood that the respondent will take a stand against sexual violence on campus
- perceptions of whether students will take action to prevent sexual violence.
Is the survey confidential?
Your participation in the study is voluntary and confidential. The results of the survey will be reported in aggregate form only, and you will not be identified.
Why is it important that I fill out the survey?
The information collected from the survey will help Dalhousie learn more about our campus climate and help us to enhance our sexual assault prevention and response efforts.