Recent updates» Go to news main
Update on the status of residence room offers
If you have an active residence application for Fall 2020, the residence office has begun the process of sending important updates to your Dal email. Make sure you check frequently for updates and read the information carefully. If you have not received any information yet, please keep checking your Dal email and thank you for your patience!
If you received a room offer on June 30, the deadline to accept your room offer and pay your $500 room confirmation deposit is July 10, 2020.
Please note, in accordance with current public health guidelines, a number of enhanced safety measures are being introduced to safeguard your health and safety while living in residence. These are outlined in your room offer and include -- but are not limited to -- the following:
- You may need to self-isolate: As of June 30, the current provincial health guidelines require that anyone travelling to Nova Scotia from outside Atlantic Canada has to self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival. More details about how we will manage self-isolation will be sent once they have been finalized.
- Stay informed: Public health guidelines change as needed to meet the current situation. We will do our best to keep you informed on what these changes mean for you, but it's strongly advised that you educate yourself about the latest public health restrictions in place locally and nationally. Please consult these websites regularly for the most current health and safety rules as they pertain to domestic and international students:
- Designated dining halls: The Halifax Campus is home of four dining halls. We normally encourage residents to try different dining halls as each one offers a slightly different experience. However, this year you will be limited to only your assigned dining hall: either Shirreff (for students assigned to that building) or Howe (for those living in any of our other properties on the Halifax Campus). Despite this restriction, our Food Services teams in Halifax and Truro will work hard to ensure that you have access to a wide selection of fresh, tasty and nutritious meal options, delivered in accordance with the current health and safety protocols.
- Expect to hear from our Reslife Team: Upon accepting your room offer, a member of our ResLife Team will call you. They will review the new restrictions that everyone will need to follow while living in residence. In the meantime, visit our Rules & Responsibilities page to view our Residence Code of Conduct and the enhanced restrictions found in the appendix.
- Room assignments: In accordance with public health protocols, only single rooms will be available this fall. Please see our current residence rates for Halifax and Truro. Also, given the high demand for residence space this year, it may be necessary for some room assignments to change.
- Be patient: We are doing our best to serve you during these challenging and unprecedented times. We appreciate your patience as we adjust to this new reality. We are all in this together.
Thank you to those who applied to stay with us. If your plans have changed and you are looking to withdraw your application for residence, please let us know as soon as possible.
Please contact us by email if you have any questions: