We're working hard to make sure our residence spaces are safe for our students and staff.
COVID-19: Delivering accurate information during a fast-changing global health crisis
Thank you for your interest in attending Dalhousie and in living in residence.
We understand how important it is for you to get complete and accurate information about your housing options while studying at Dalhousie. We know where you live is an important factor in deciding where you choose to study.
Through this website, our aim is to provide you with clear and accurate information that reflects the most current public health guidelines and the university’s own health and safety policies. However, public health guidelines – and Dal’s response to them -- are subject to change at any time. We will work to keep our site updated as quickly as possible as more information becomes available.
- International Student Arrival/Quarantine Information (July 15, 2021)
- Important updates: self‑isolation not available on campus (July 15, 2021)
- Self‑isolation/quarantine updates for vaccinated travellers to Nova Scotia (July 7, 2021)
- Updates to self-isolation requirements for New Brunswick and the rest of Canada (after June 30) (posted June 24, 2021)
- Self‑Isolation updates for travel within Atlantic Canada (updated June 22, 2021)
- Update on Residence Application Process (posted June 17, 2021)
- Dalhousie Fall term update for students ‑ June 2021 (posted June 8, 2021)
- Dal informs students of updated government process for entering Nova Scotia (Posted May 17, 2021)
- Move‑In Dates for Fall 2021 (Posted May 6, 2021)
- For Students Living in Residence (Fall 2021) (updated May 6, 2021)
- Emergency restrictions in Residence (posted Apr. 28, 2021)
- For Students Living in Residence (Summer 2021) (posted Apr. 28, 2021)
- Frequently Asked Questions (updated May 18, 2021)
- Changes related to new COVID‑19 restrictions – April 22 (posted Apr. 22, 2021)
- Travel between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to pick up students (posted Apr. 16, 2021)
- Updates to Nova Scotia Public Health Guidelines (posted Apr. 13, 2021)
- Update on Dalhousie’s plan for returning to campus in the Fall (posted Apr. 13, 2021)
- Changes in self-isolation requirements for travellers arriving from within Atlantic Provinces (Apr. 8, 2021)
- 2021-22 Applications (posted Nov. 23, 2020)
- Dining Safe @ Dal (posted Sept. 4, 2020)
For more information on specific updates to residence due to COVID-19, please visit the sections below.
Make sure to check back often as information may change. Please check your Dal email frequently as well for updates and communications from the Dal Residence Office.