Fall Move In
Supporting a smooth transition into university life
As a family member or friend, your support is important to helping your student succeed in this temporary home-away-from-home. To help you manage this process, we've brought together key information that will help you and your student prepare for living at Dalhousie University.
Help your student get ready by getting some things done before you arrive:
- Check your Dal email regularly
- Submit your student's residence agreement through their residence application on DalOnline or check your Dal email for it
- Find out what to bring
- Put money on your student's DalCard
- Submit photo for DalCard
- Pre-order books and dorm essentials
- Early Baggage Drop Off (Halifax campus only, not available in 2021/22)
Read up on what you and your student can expect when you arrive to check in:
Please note: Residents of Howe Hall, Shirreff Hall, Risley Hall, Gerard Hall, and Mini-Residence and their guests are not permitted to consume or be in possession of alcohol or recreational cannabis until further notice.