Tenant Insurance

Not all insurance companies or brokers offer Tenant Insurance, but many do. This list represents a few of the agencies in the area that offer tenant or apartment insurance.

You should always check with your insurance provider to see exactly what areas of a shared unit (if applicable) are covered under your policy (bedroom, common areas, etc.) in the event of fire, flood, theft or damage.

These third party service providers and their associated properties, products or services are not affiliated with Dalhousie Off Campus Housing.  They are intended as a resource only, and Dalhousie cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of the content or information contained under the links. Risk of loss arising out of use is solely the responsibility of the user.

The Co-operators
Suite 103, 276 Bedford Hwy
(902) 457-4457

201-530 Portland Street
(902) 466-6096

Zive Insurance Ltd
5657 Spring Garden Road
(902) 429-4242

CSS Insurance
1581 Dresden Row
(902) 422-1211

Johnson Insurance
7 Maritime Place
(902) 453-1010

Cluett Insurance Brokers
6009 Quinpool Road
(902) 425-5328

629 Windmill Road
(902) 466-5328

Bell & Grant Insurance
1959 Upper Water Street
(902) 429-4150


Stevens & Smith General Insurance
81 Queen Street
(902) 463-5424

MacLeod Lorway
147 Ochterloney Street
(902) 464-4000

SMK Insurance
140-33 Ochterloney St.
(902) 429-7722