Getting Ready for Orientation
Make sure you have everything you need to participate in Orientation to its fullest!
1. Ensure you have set up your Dalhousie accounts and are checking your Dalhousie email regularly
Important information about Orientation and your transition to Dal will come through your official Dalhousie email account, so it's important to set it up now and check it regularly.
Not sure how to set up your accounts? Visit dal.ca/congratulations to learn how to activate your email. Please use your Dalhousie email account when registering for Orientation activities.
2. Check out your Brightspace account
Brightspace is were your courses will be housed once classes start in January. It is also were you can access Orientation information.
3. Check out the Orientation schedule and plan your Orientation!
You are welcome to participate in all the sessions or pick your own path. Be sure to check out the Orientation schedule.
4. Sign up for Orientation activities!
Events are FREE and open to all new students, but we ask that you register for Orientation in advance!
5. Consider downloading the desktop or mobile app for Zoom
Many Orientation sessions will be hosted in Zoom so you will want to ensure you have easy access to this platform. You do not need an account to access the events.
6. Set up your Microsoft Teams account and download Microsoft Office
As a Dalhousie student you have free access to these resources.
7. Join the Incoming Class Facebook group!
This is a great way to meet your classmates, stay up to date with Orientation activities, and meet upper year students.
8. Download the Dal Mobile app
Download the Dal Mobile app to stay on top of your events, classes and schedule, and get notified of important dates and deadlines. Make friends, ask questions, and access campus resources at any time! Plus, connect with other new students in the app's Orientation channel!