Getting Ready for New to Dal
Note: New to Dal info for Fall 2023 coming soon!
Make sure you have everything you need to participate in New to Dal!
1. Ensure you have set up your Dalhousie accounts and are checking your Dalhousie email regularly
Important information about New to Dal and your transition to Dal will come through your official Dalhousie email account, so it's important to set it up now and check it regularly.
Not sure how to set up your accounts? Visit dal.ca/congratulations to learn how to activate your email. Please use your Dalhousie email account when registering for New to Dal activities.
2. Check out your Brightspace account
Brightspace is where your New to Dal content will be housed once classes begin for the semester. The New to Dal Brightspace course is now open.
3. Check out the New to Dal schedule and plan your events
You are welcome to participate in all the sessions or pick your own path. Visit our schedule page for full details.
For New to Dal Truro events, visit the Agricultural Campus site.
4. Sign up for New to Dal activities!
Events are FREE and open to new and returning students. Registration is now open!
5. Set up your Microsoft Teams account and download Microsoft Office
As a Dalhousie student you have free access to these resources.
- Login to your account by visiting my.dal.ca.
- Click the App Launcher (it looks like a waffle) in the top left-hand corner to locate Office 365 to access Teams and other Office Programs.
- Download Microsoft Office Apps (Log in Required: NetID and Password)
6. Download the Dal Mobile app
Download the Dal Mobile app to join the New to Dal group for Halifax and Truro campuses. Scanning with the Dal Mobile app will also be how you're checked into in-person New to Dal events.
7. Stay up-to-date with Dalhousie's COVID-19 Information & Updates page
As guidelines and requirements frequently change, be sure to check Dalhousie's COVID-19 Information & Updates page on an ongoing basis to make sure you're up-to-date.