Getting Ready for New to Dal
Make sure you have everything you need to participate in New to Dal 2021!
1. Ensure you have set up your Dalhousie accounts and are checking your Dalhousie email regularly
Important information about New to Dal and your transition to Dal will come through your official Dalhousie email account, so it's important to set it up now and check it regularly.
Not sure how to set up your accounts? Visit dal.ca/congratulations to learn how to activate your email. Please use your Dalhousie email account when registering for New to Dal activities.
2. Check out your Brightspace account
Brightspace is where your New to Dal content will be housed once classes begin for the semester.
4. Sign up for New to Dal activities!
Events are FREE and open to all new students, but we ask that you register for New to Dal in advance!
5. Set up your Microsoft Teams account and download Microsoft Office
As a Dalhousie student you have free access to these resources.
6. Join the Incoming Class group on Dal Mobile
This is a great way to meet your classmates, stay up to date with New to Dal activities, and meet upper year students.
Download the Dal Mobile app to join the Incoming Class groups for Halifax and Truro campuses.