Getting Ready for New to Dal
Make sure you have everything you need to participate in New to Dal!
1. Ensure you have set up your Dalhousie accounts and are checking your Dalhousie email regularly
Important information about New to Dal and your transition to Dal will come through your official Dalhousie email account, so it's important to set it up now and check it regularly.
Not sure how to set up your accounts? Visit dal.ca/congratulations to learn how to activate your email. Please use your Dalhousie email account when registering for New to Dal activities.
2. Check out your Brightspace account
Brightspace is where your New to Dal content will be housed once classes begin for the semester. The New to Dal Brightspace course is now open.
4. Sign up for New to Dal activities!
Events are FREE and open to new and returning students. Registration is now open!
5. Set up your Microsoft Teams account and download Microsoft Office
As a Dalhousie student you have free access to these resources.
6. Download the Dal Mobile app
Download the Dal Mobile app to join the New to Dal and Incoming Class groups for Halifax and Truro campuses. Scanning with the Dal Mobile app will also be how you're checked into in-person New to Dal events.
7. Stay up-to-date with Dalhousie's COVID-19 Information & Updates page
As guidelines and requirements frequently change, be sure to check Dalhousie's COVID-19 Information & Updates page on an ongoing basis to make sure you're up-to-date.