United States Exchange Fellowship
The Killam Fellowships Program offers awards to exceptional undergraduate Canadian students to spend one semester or a full year as an exchange student in the United States.
***The application for 2017/18 is now closed. The application deadline for the next intake is January 12, 2018***
Value of the program
- $5,000 USD per semester
- Health insurance allowance
- Up to $800 USD for in-country travel
- Killam orientation in Ottawa, ON
- Spring seminar in Washington, DC
- Canadian citizen
- Full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing
American universities in the program:
- American University, Washington DC
- Arizona State University, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Bridgewater State University, Bridgewater, Mass.
- Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina
- Florida Polytechnic University. Lakeland, Florida
- Ithaca College, Ithaca, N.Y.
- Miami Dade College, Miami, Florida
- Smith College, Northampton, Mass.
- State University of New York College at Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- University of Hawai’i at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawai’i
- The University of Maine, Orono, Me.
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- University of Washington, Seattle, Wash.
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn.
- Wellesley College, Wellesley, Mass.
Find more information on the Killam Fellowships website.
To be considered for nomination to this program, the standard Dalhousie Exchange Application must be received by the International Centre before January 12, 2018 (for Fall 2018 and/or Winter 2019).
Dalhousie selects 3 nominees to submit to the Killam annually. If selected, you will work with the Exchange Advisor in the International Centre to complete the Killam application. The Killam foundation will select one to two Dalhousie students to participate annually.