Where you can go depends on the type of study abroad opportunity you want to take. You may want to go for just the summer or want to do a specific exchange through your faculty department. It's important to figure out which type of study opportunity you want to take, as this may affect where you can go.
Where can I go?
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- United States
Types of international opportunities
You pay tuition fees to your home university (Dalhousie), while you study at a partner institution. Exchange involves a one-for-one bilateral agreement between universities, where the partner sends one student for every one Dalhousie sends on exchange. Check out our exchange opportunities.
You pay tuition fees directly to the host institution or organization (not Dalhousie), typically in the currency of the host institution’s country. Learn more about study abroad opportunities.
Don't see anything you're interested in? We can help you create your own opportunity!
If you're interested in a program or university that isn't listed as a Dalhousie partner, we would love to hear about it! Meet with our Study Abroad & Exchange Advisor about your external pursuits and we can help you with:
- Confusing parts of your application
- Navigating visas
- Navigating the administrative steps you need to follow at Dal
- Advice about funding
- Access to Dal’s pre-departure preparation materials
- Becoming part of a network of students going abroad
- Getting in touch with students who have been to or are from your destination country
- A contact person at Dal who can help you with your International Experience even when you are abroad
- Emergency response from Dalhousie if required
Interested? Need more information?
Research your trip
Attend an info session
Meet with an advisor
Use online guide and toolkit
MyWorldAbroad is a great resource for students looking to explore their career opportunities while abroad. Discover opportunities, acquire skills, and develop the all-important global perspective with this easy-to-use interactive online guide and toolkit. Register on the website for free access.