Dal Alert!

Receive alerts from Dalhousie by text message.


In Case of Emergency

Before you leave

All students going abroad on any international program through Dalhousie are required to register your emergency contact information with the International Centre and you will be directed to a pre-departure orientation session. We give students an emergency phone card at the pre-departure orientation.

When you arrive

Once you arrive in the host country you must register with Global Affairs Canada as soon as possible.

  • Global Affairs Canada Registration can be done online. The Canadian embassy can contact you to offer assistance during a natural disaster or civil unrest, or to inform you of a family emergency at home.

Emergency situations

An emergency situation is any situation that puts a student at risk. It might be illness, violent incidents, a student going missing, civil unrest, or a natural disaster in the host country. Most problems can be solved by your host university—seek solutions before contacting Dalhousie.