STI screening clinics
Taking care of your sexual health
Dalhousie Student Health & Wellness provides free and confidential STI screenings right on-campus to Dalhousie and King's students.
Our nurses at the Student Health & Wellness Centre or at our mobile screening clinics can administer the following STI tests:
- Males can be tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea through a urine test and/or a throat swab.
- Females can be tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea through a vaginal swab test and/or a throat swab.
Drop by the Student Health & Wellness Centre during nursing hours or stop by one of our mobile clinics to get tested.
If you require anal swabbing or bloodwork for Hep C, HIV and syphilis, a doctor’s visit is required. Please contact the Student Health & Wellness Centre (902-494-2171) to make an appointment.
2018 Mobile STI Screening Clinics (Halifax)
|Wednesday, November 7||1-4pm||SUB Room 224|
|Wednesday, November 21||1-4pm||CHEB Lobby (off University Ave)|
|Wednesday, November 28||1-4pm||SUB Room 224|
|Upon receiving your results back from the lab, you will be notified by the Student Health & Wellness Centre only if your result is positive.|
Why should I get tested?
The majority of STIs are asymptomatic, which means that there are no signs, but there are possible consequences, including:
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Blood vessel, heart, eye or brain damage
- Increased risk of acquiring HPV
- Increased risk of cancer
- Use condoms, every time (this includes for oral sex, too)
- Get the HPV vaccine
- Get tested regularly