Flu shot clinics
Dalhousie Student Health & Wellness and the School of Nursing team up every year to provide flu shots to members of the Dal and King's communities.
2018 Flu Shot Clinics
|Wednesday, October 17||9am-12pm||SUB Lobby|
|Thursday, October 18||9am-12pm||CHEB Lobby (off Univeristy Ave)|
|Friday, October 19||2-5pm||Sexton Campus (location TBD)|
|Monday, October 22||1-4pm||Dalplex Lobby|
|Tuesday, October 23||1-4pm||SUB Lobby|
|Wednesday, October 24||1-4pm||Kings Boardroom|
|Monday, October 29||1-4pm||Killam Library Atrium|
|Tuesday, October 30||1-4pm||Tupper Link|
|Wednesday, October 31||1-4pm||Dental Lobby (off University Ave)|
|Thursday, November 1||9am-12pm||SUB Lobby|
Symptoms of the flu
- Stuffy and runny nose
- Sore throat
- High fever
- Aches and pains
Why should you get the flu vaccine?
The flu shot can prevent up to 80% of flu infections in healthy people!
- Reduce your chances of getting the flu
- Protect the people around you (you can spread the virus without showing symptoms)
- It's contagious and can spread quickly and easily
- The flu can lead to serious complications including pneumonia and respiratory failure
- The vaccine is safe
The flu is responsible for about 12,200 hospitalizations and 3,500 deaths in Canada each year.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that you touch often
- Cough and sneeze into your arm, not your hand
If you do get sick:
Follow the tips above (under being proactive) and stay home until your symptoms are gone.