Flu shot clinics
Dalhousie Student Health & Wellness and the School of Nursing team up every year to provide flu shots to members of the Dal and King's communities.
The fall 2020 flu shot clinics have ended for the season. However, you can still get your flu shot by booking an appointment with one of our nurses.
Getting Your Flu Shot in Halifax
Students in Halifax can book an appointment with a nurse the Student Health & Wellness Centre to get their flu shot.
Getting Your Flu Shot in Truro
Students in Truro can call 902-893-6672 to book an appointment with a nurse at Health Services.
Symptoms of the flu
- Stuffy and runny nose
- Sore throat
- High fever
- Aches and pains
Why should you get the flu vaccine?
- Reduce your chances of getting the flu
- Protect the people around you (you can spread the virus without showing symptoms)
- It's contagious and can spread quickly and easily
- The flu can lead to serious complications including pneumonia and respiratory failure
- The vaccine is safe
The flu is responsible for about 12,200 hospitalizations and 3,500 deaths in Canada each year. For more information about the flu and the flu vaccine, visit the Government of Canada website.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that you touch often
- Cough and sneeze into your arm, not your hand
If you do get sick:
Follow the tips above (under being proactive) and stay home until your symptoms are gone.